The Diary Of ...

"The time has come," the walrus said, "to talk of many things."

Thursday, May 04, 2006

dust and bones

I'm struggling with orthopaedics with a big test coming up.

I've always believed in the stereotype of an orthopaedician- a bone-snapping, knuckle-cracking, dr. fix-it hulk. So, its funny to imagine myself having anything to do with the science. This, despite having five brothers who between them, have had most fractures known to man.

Meanwhile there's hope, I read an advertisement for a 7-day trekking adventure around Manali.

I so desperately need a break (no pun intended).

1 Comments:

  • At 1:52 AM, Blogger Vivek said…

    A reply to your comment on my blog:

    1: Organized trekking adventures are not as much fun as planning an independent adventure. Mainly because you dont know most of the participents, and there is a chance that you dont gel well with them. In that case, whole experience would be boring.

    2: However, if you dont have time / equipments (like tent, sleeping bags), local knowledge of the area, and experience, it wont hurt to participate in organized treks.

    3: I dont think the leader would bark at you if you dont rappell well. Remember, its not an army camp. You pay money, so it doesnt matter if you actually do these things or sit in your tent.

    4: I charge 6.00 dollars + tip for the haircut. The traveling expenses are additional :).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home